Wednesday, November 04, 2009



Photo Shoot with Asia Warren, Bodyworker and Owner of "Rejuvenasia," Massage, Skin Care, and Spa Service
www.rejuvenasia.com

While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see.
~Dorothea Lange

I had the opportunity to photograph another incredible woman through the dance community...the gorgeous and ever-accomplished dancer and bodyworker, Asia Warren. An additional bonus was getting our girlfriend, Shani Herron, to model as her massage client (rough job!).

I've been having way too much fun doing these shoots lately. Time just slipped away once we got situated, picked out her outfits, and started shooting. It's been a source of never-ending satisfaction to find a profession where obsessiveness and perfectionism aren't just tolerated but rewarded and necessary...Thank god!

Although I personally know many of my photography clients, it's always fascinating to me to see their various faces being revealed through the camera. Asia is primarily a strong, passionate woman but I also found that she had some other sides I've rarely seen before in her...a playful girlish side, a more innocent college-looking fresh young woman, and then her serene and radiant bodyworker persona.

And it's not even that I'm entirely aware these sides are coming out as I'm photographing...it's only afterwards that I discover another presence... when I'm in the process of editing. It's as if a phantom spirit only appears through the eye of the lens.

I continue to be grateful that I'm living the creative life and having the opportunity to photograph incredible men and women. I feel that I am personally changed, my energy altered in a blissful sort of way, after every shoot...and I can only call it magic!

Thankyou Asia!







I've also included a smaller version of the slideshow which I created for Asia of our shoot together. Because, it's been condensed for web viewing, the photos' resolutions are more grainy that the original...but it gives you an idea of how gorgeous she looks and how fun the shoot was!

1 comments:

Ericwipe287 said...

Nice photoshoot. Your client is looking very beautiful in these pictures.

Flights