Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Writer Magazine Article on 2013 Santa Barbara Writer's Conference





Super happy to see that an article on the Santa Barbara Writers Conference (as well as one of my photos!) made it into The Writer Magazine in an article by Hillary Casavant in this month's issue (June 2013). This is one of my favorite shots from last year's animated "First Book Panel" featuring SB local and longtime SBWC volunteer and author Melinda Palacio (Ocotillo Dreams) along with Ramona Ausubel (No One Is Here Except All Of Us), Toni Margarita Plummer (The Bolero of Andi Rowe), and Amy Franklin-Willis (The Lost Saints of Tennessee).  I've been involved with the SBWC for the past ten years and have been one of the lead photographers of this national event for the last three.

SBWC has become a truly invaluable and supportive community in my journey as a writer. I am forever grateful to all those who have worked their butts off to keep SBWC going (Monte Schulz, Nicole Starczak, Grace Rachow, and our kick-butt staff!) the past several years. I feel blessed to be a part of this incredible team!





0 comments: