Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Vega's Gorgeous Pregnancy Photos



There is a magic that happens to us as photographers when everything comes together at once in perfect synchronicity....the ethereal light converges with  perfect softness and vibrant color....and we are connected with the people we're photographing in that moment in time and space in complete perfection.

It's something that we aspire to everytime we shoot and feel incredibly blessed when we achieve. It's a sense of ecstasy that is captured in mere seconds but immortalized forever.

I had all of these feelings throughout my entire shoot with Vega....our lighting and venue were perfect and we worked together and understood each other perfectly. She was willing to trust my vision while also having an empowered and liberating sense of herself and her body. She has a femininity and electric magnetism that translates so well through the lens. It was an absolute joy to co-create this shoot together!



She was fearless and open to trying just about everything we both could come up during the time we had. One of my specialties and favorite types of photography is Goddess Photography in which I celebrate women of all shapes, sizes, and ages throughout the various stages of our lives. What more amazing way to celebrate Vega's "Goddess-ness"than to celebrate her body's ability to create life and to watch her transition from Woman to Mother.

I have to add that there has been more serendipity involved between Vega and me than this shoot. We met around twelve years ago through mutual friends and had such an unforgettable conversation I never forgot about her. It was the time before Facebook and social media and cell phones were just beginning to be used and we either lost contact info for each other or never asked for it. I never forgot her and always wondered if she still lived in Santa Barbara. There are many people we meet throughout our lives and never forget and Vega was one of them. Over the years I wondered where she was and if I would ever see her again.

Fast forward to a few months ago when I was shooting an event with Association For Women In Communication and there she was again....twelve years later. I was so excited to reconnect with her and was happy to know she hadn't forgotten me either. I didn't realize it at the time that she was pregnant and was overjoyed when she asked me to be her photographer for the final leg of her pregnancy.

Life has a funny way of connecting us at just the right moments. I so look forward to seeing Vega become the amazing Mother that I know she will be....and I definitely hope I have the opportunity to continue photographing her throughout her Motherhood.


Wishing her a sublime and beautiful birthing experience!

Life is truly magical.

*Please make sure to check out the slideshow I posted below of our shoot together. There's a comment thread below as well~










*If the music doesn't come on at first, please refresh your window/browser and click "play" again. Enjoy!

0 comments: